There are many attractions within a short distance of Branch Brook Campground.
Click on your topic of interest to see the full list of attractions:
- Black Rock State Park is just across the road. Excellent hiking offers a scenic view of the Naugatuck Valley, highlighting Black Rock. There are many side trails where one can see Black Rock Lake, Black Rock Pond, mature forests and meadows.
- Lake Compounce Family Theme Park is the oldest continuously operating amusement park in North America. Whether it’s chills or thrills that make you happy, Lake Compounce has the best of both, and then some!
- Quassy Amusement Park boasts a variety of thrill rides as well as attractions for the very young and the very popular “Saturation Station” interactive water play area.
- CoCo Key Indoor Water Resort brings the incredible water park fun indoors, and has something for every member of your family.
Vineyards, Orchards, Farm Markets
- March Farm features seasonal pick-your-own fruits and vegetables, an animal yard, playscape, farm hike, and corn maze.
- Connecticut Valley Winery offers the highest quality wines while preserving all the charm of a small, family-owned winery in one of the most beautiful and intimate of New England locales.
- Haight-Brown Vineyard resides on ten pastoral acres atop historic Chestnut Hill in the town of Litchfield. Opened in 1973, it is Connecticut’s first established winery and produces quality white, red and fruit wines.
- Hopkins Vineyard has been producing award-winning wines in the scenic Litchfield Hills for over 25 years.
- Miranda Vineyard is open for wine tasting and purchases on Thursday through Sunday.
- White Memorial Foundation and Conservation Center, an Environmental Education Center and Nature Museum, is located in the heart of the 4000-acre White Memorial Foundation in the hills of northwestern Connecticut. One of the very best quiet rivers to kayak and canoe on is the Bantam River within the preserve.
- Flanders Nature Center and Land Trust offers a broad range of recreational and educational programs for the community, including seasonal festivities for all ages; programs on nature, farming, and art for young people; a community garden; and lots more.
- Ansonia Nature and Recreation Center provides active and passive recreational opportunities with a focus on nature-oriented education. Use of this facility is free and open to the public. Visitors are welcome everyday from sunup to sundown.
Horseback Riding, Zoos, Farms
- Lee’s Riding Stable offers trail rides for ages 7 and up and pony rides for the younger horse lovers.
- Action Wildlife is a quiet haven where you can relax and view exotic animals from all over the world. Feed baby animals at the petting zoo or hop on a hay wagon for the drive-through safari.
- Southwind Alpaca Farm is located in Watertown and is home to more than 50 alpacas. Call to arrange a visit.
- Beardsley Zoo has a proud history of over 80 years as Connecticut’s only zoo. Spend an hour or the whole day and see more than 300 animals representing primarily North and South American species.
- The Connecticut Store is the outlet for excellent merchandise from Wiffle® Ball Inc, Bovano®, Woodbury Pewter®, Waterbury Button Co®, PEZ®, Liberty Candle, Alynn Neckwear® and many more.
- Woodbury Pewter pieces are available in both traditional and contemporary designs. Featuring fine quality gifts, decorative accessories, tabletop, baby items, holiday items, lamps, mugs, tankards, plates, pitchers, bowls, candlesticks, tea & coffee and hundreds of other items.
- Litchfield Horticultural Center is a charming oasis of trees, flowers, ponds, and gardens.
- White Flower Farm is a mecca for customers and tourists from around the country, with a retail store in scenic Litchfield County, surrounded by 5 acres of display gardens, open to the public free of charge.
Spas, Health Clubs, Yoga
- Charym Spa is a wellness haven providing extraordinary yoga, fitness, healing, and spa experiences.
- The Spa at Litchfield Hills is a luxurious day spa and full service salon located in picturesque Litchfield, Connecticut.
- Viso Bello Day Spa in Middlebury, Connecticut.
- Infinity Music Hall and Bistro for intimate concerts and creative cuisine.
- Music Mountain offers a Chamber Music Series of 16 concerts, mainly on Sunday afternoons, a popular Saturday evening series of Jazz and Choral concerts, and a number of special events.
- Seven Angels Theater continues their tradition of offering great theatre, comedy and other special events.
- Thomaston Opera House serves as a cultural and educational center for the Town of Thomaston and its surrounding communities.
- Warner Theater is the destination for arts, culture, and world-class entertainment.
Places of Interest
- American Clock and Watch Museum, located in America’s great clockmaking city, Bristol, Connecticut, the museum and its research library are housed in the 1801 home of Miles Lewis, the historic Ebenezer Barnes wing and the modern Edward Ingraham wing. An authentic early American sundial garden complete with period herbs and flowers adds seasonal beauty to the museum’s grounds.
- Bellamy-Ferriday House and Garden, embodies the dramatically different passions of two extraordinary individuals: Rev. Joseph Bellamy (1719-1790) and Miss Caroline Ferriday (1902-1990). Rev. Joseph Bellamy, a renowned leader of the Great Awakening, the emotional religious revival of the 1740s, built the house in 2 stages, in 1754 and in 1767, as his family, theological seminary, and stature grew.
- Connecticut Antique Machinery Association Museum is dedicated to the preservation, restoration and demonstration of antique machinery from our rich industrial and agricultural past.
- Glebe House Museum and Gertrude Jeykll Garden is the birthplace of the Episcopal Church in the New World and graced by the only extant American garden planned by England’s most venerated designer.
- Imagine Nation Museum is a hands-on, interactive children’s museum best suited for ages 2 to 10.
- Institute for American Indian Studies seeks to teach through educational programs based on unbiased historical research and interpretation. Programs are designed to be accurate and interactive, and to stimulate further interest in the wonder and diversity of the earth’s many cultures, beginning with the indigenous peoples of the Americas.
- Lourdes in Litchfield Shrine Grotto is a place set aside for us when we cannot make the arduous journey to France. Since 1958 men, women and children have come to this simple grotto and encountered the loving and tender touch of God through Mary. Numerous people find this to be a place of tranquility and conversion, for themselves and for those who are held in their hearts.
- New England Carousel Museum is dedicated to the acquisition, restoration, and preservation of operating carousels and carousel memorabilia and the creation of new carousel material, for the education and pleasure of the general public.
- Rail Road Museum of New England features trains running from the 1881 Thomaston Station south along the scenic Naugatuck River to Waterville. Along the way, your train will run through the unspoiled Mattatuck Forest, cling to Black Rock cliffs, hug the banks of the Naugatuck River, where various forms of wildlife abound, and then pass among massive brass mills, sentinels of New England’s rich industrial heritage.
- Tapping Reeve House and Law School takes visitors on a journey through the life of a real student from the early 19th century. Through role-playing, hands-on areas, and interpretive exhibits, each visitor explores timeless issues of travel, communication, education, and community.
- Timexpo Timex Museum tells the story of Timex and its heritage dating back to 1854. Come see our collection of magnificent timepieces and time-related innovations where integrity and passion for cutting-edge technology have always remained at the forefront.
Canoeing, Rafting, Tubing
- Clarke Outdoors offers kayaking, canoeing, and rafting.
- Farmington River Tubing will put you and your friends in our specially designed river tubes for a 2.5 mile ride down the wild and scenic Farmington River.
- Main Stream Canoes and Kayaks offers the outdoors’ enthusiast many ways to enjoy themselves. Canoe, kayak and bicycle rentals are available and several types of river trips for all levels of experience are offered.
- Mountains Unlimited Outdoor Adventures is an adventure club made up of licensed professional guides and outdoor sports lovers.
- The Trading Post sells and rents equipment, gives instruction, and offers guided tours.
- Lime Rock Park is incredibly historic yet modern. Not a hint of a grandstand but tremendous spectator viewing. Fan friendly in the extreme. A beautiful venue – it is truly a park.
- Skip Barber Racing School offers dozens of programs in some of the most prestigious race tracks in the country.Lime Rock is the most popular of the Skip Barber Racing School’s five base locations (Road Atlanta, Sebring, Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca and Road America being the others).